Green Home Design – The Hobbit Tiny House Design – The $ 4500 Self Build Eco Tiny House
Take the copy of the book shelter here
This charming little tiny house, which was named Hobbit House, was built by Simon Dale, his father, and he visited friends in less than 4 months using about 4500 dollars in building materials (£ 3000) and about 100-1500 man-hours.
The house is built to be environmentally sustainable and has the following design features.
– Drop on the hillside for low visual impact and shelter
– Stone and mud from excavations used to hold walls, foundations,
– Framed oak frame from the surrounding forest
– Reciprocal roofs are structurally and aesthetically fantastic and it is very easy to do so
– Straw bales on the floor, walls and ceiling for ultra-insulation and easy building
– Plastic sheets and ceiling with mud / turf for low impact and ease
– Plaster on the walls is breathable and low energy for construction (compared to cement)
– Recycled wood for floors and fittings
– Anything you might want to be in a pile of rubbish somewhere (windows, burner, plumbing, cabling …)
– Woodburner for heating – renewable and locally abundant
– The exhaust passes through a large piece of stone / gypsum to hold and slowly release heat
– The refrigerator is cooled by air that comes under the ground through the foundations
– The skylight on the roof leaves a natural feeling of light
– Solar panels for lighting, music and computers
– Gravity water from nearby spring
– Composting toilet
– The water of the roof is collected in the lake for the garden
What is a tiny house?
A growing group of people discourages the idea of a large home and mortgage for something smaller and more accessible known as a tiny house.
This is a world movement that prevailed after Hurricane Katrina in 2005 in the US when so many people lost their homes.
It is simply a social movement where people choose to reduce their living space. The typical American home is about 2,600 square feet, while the typical small or small house is between 100 and 400 square feet.
There is limited space without room for clutter and many of the houses are portable and on wheels.
A tiny house is usually out of the network. There are things like composting toilets, washing machine and a gray water treatment plant on one side and a living room with a bed that falls below the ceiling. Solar collectors on the roof and water tank for storm water storage.
Do you want to build your own little house?
Some of our other videos
Eco Reco electric scooter
Yuneec electric skateboard
Review of Chevy Volt
World First Wheel of Passengers
Nest Learning Thermostat
Tesla Model 3
Nature inspired by nature
Fire in the dark trees
Paper with plastic bags
Sustainable homes, green houses and tiny houses
Minimization of waste
Power of the sun
Rainfall, gray water and gardens with good water use
A small tour of the house
Matchbox small house
Boathouse Cob Tiny House
Create your own tiny house
To see more videos on sustainable project go to
Sign up for our town channel
More urban culture videos
Learn how to make your own food on our website at
For cool ecological gadgets check this out.