Ursula Beyer from the area of the house and culture dealt with the history of the building and the owner:
BUILT AND DESTROYED
The village of Jetzendorf in the southern district of Pfaffenhofen, in the hilly hilly landscape of the Ilm, is characterized by its late Gothic belfry and its imposing castle with Bräuhaus and its vast outbuildings. Already in the time of Charlemagne, the place was inhabited, named after Count named Jetzo. The castle was the mansion of Hofmark Jetzendorf. With its outbuildings and the nearby church, it forms a typical ensemble of castles in the Bavarian countryside. The table below of course includes the listed restaurant located below the Bräuhauses, a baroque hipped roof construction with a plaster structure. Unfortunately, it has been closed for years.
The construction of the castle began in the 12th and 13th centuries, but the main part of the castle dates back to the early 17th century. It was shortly before the Thirty Years War, when the Swedes again caused great devastation.
Not once, it was necessary to eliminate the destructions caused by war, fire or simply by the ravages of time. The local Bräuhaus, for example, has been rebuilt twice.
Over the centuries, several structural changes have taken place. It has been rebuilt or rebuilt, the chapel has been laid several times and so on. The Great Hall collapsed at the end of the 19th century, but it is up again, more beautiful than before.
The Jetzendorfers experienced a special event in 1733: all who visited the recently renovated castle chapel in the fairy tale of the church granted Pope Clement XII. a drain. Since the arrival in the chapel was certainly huge.
Owners have often changed – by marriage, inheritance or sale. Since 1812, the Hofmark has been in the hands of the Freyberg family. Louise Freifrau von Keßling, Lady of Freyberg, widow, acquired the Hofmark, which she then entrusted to her son Max Freiherr von Freyberg.
At that time, the castle was even more impressive, as the main building was on one floor and had a Gothic stepped gable. However, it had to be demolished in 1840 because of disrepair and replaced by a rump roof simpler.
Historically interesting is that the squire until 1848 had (inferior) jurisdiction over his subjects. This right was abrogated by law as a result of the revolution.
The current castle master, Sebastian Freiherr von Freyberg, succeeded his father after his death in 2010. He is responsible for the huge task of restoring the castle and its outbuildings for contemporary use, which also supports the future. In collaboration with the architecture and planning office of Pfaffenhofen, Bergmann Baron Freyberg has tackled the problem. Subsidies from the State of Bavaria, the German Foundation for the Protection of Monuments, the District and the Municipality are granted. The roofs and windows were repaired or renovated, the pedestals and masonry were drained, repainted and painted, the heating and installation system was modernized and all with the greatest care given to the substance of the building. # 39; origin.
After four years of work, the castle shines in a new splendor, even if the measures are not yet finished. In particular, the ice gallery, which is planned for public events, is still waiting for its restoration. To this end, the Bavarian Office for the Preservation of Monuments still has to approve additional funds. The brewery has been down since 1971. What will happen is still open.
In any case, four families with children already animate the castle complex and are determined to work with the lord of the castle to provide the financial basis for the conservation of this magnificent historical monument through events and leases for photographic and cinematographic productions. For example, the children's series "The Curse of the Falcon" has already been filmed at Jetzendorf Castle.
On Sunday, September 8, the day of the opening of the monument, the castle will open. In good weather, in the courtyard, you can see historic cars and objects from the castle. Short guided tours give an overview of the walls, the mirror room and other rooms.
Coffee, cakes, wild sausages from our own hunt and drinks are offered and a small beer garden invites you to linger. There is also a small exhibition with photo panels and information about the renovation and renovation work done.
Guided tours are available at 10am, 1pm and 4pm, the meeting point is in Jetzendorfer. Schlosshof
Ursula Beyer bases her research on this article, notably on an opinion of the Bavarian State Office for the Preservation of the Monuments of 1980 on restoration plans and on the current declarations of Thomas J. Wenger, castellan of Freiherr von Freyberg & # 39, schen Gutsverwaltung.