Wadern On the day of the open monument, there will be much to learn next week on the architecture and history of the building.
On the day of the open monument, many buildings and rooms previously closed to the public will be made available throughout the country. In Wadern, the "Computer Center Schloss Dagstuhl – Leibnitz" will open on Sunday 8th September. The castle and the chapel associated with the Stations of the Cross can be visited as part of guided tours between 13 and 18 hours.
In keeping with the motto "Modern: Breakthroughs in Art and Architecture", Schloss Dagstuhl presents the evolution of use and architecture in over 250 years of history. Commissioned in 1760, the castle was built as a family residence at the foot of the former Dagstuhler Castle. At the beginning of the 19th century, during the invasion of the French revolutionary troops, the Oettingen-Soetern-Hohenbaldern family had to leave its seat and the castle became the property of the Lasalle de Louisenthal family.
At the beginning of the century, the first modifications were made to the Neo-Gothic style. From 1959, Franciscan sisters took over the property and converted it into a retirement home. After new stations, the castle passed to the government of Saarland in 1989 which, in cooperation with the State of Rhineland-Palatinate, created the "International Center for Research and Research in Informatics".
Since 1995, exhibitions have been changing regularly at Dagstuhl Castle.
More information can be contacted at the Wadern Cultural Office, tel. (0 68 71) 50 71 20 or by e-mail: email@example.com.