On the day of the opening of the foundation monument, the Leonhardt estate and the ruins fortress also participate.
EMMENDINGEN (BZ). Under the slogan "Modern: breakthroughs in art and architecture", the German Foundation for the Conservation of Monuments invites all Germany to visit the Monument of the Day of the Year. Open Monument on September 8th. In Emmendingen, find this Sunday the Leonhardt estate and the ruins of the fortress guides.
The Leonhardt property is open from 11am to 4pm. At 11 am, guided tour on the theme: Renovation and extension of the property on the small market. The Leonhardt Estate is the last fully preserved example of an 18th century farmhouse. Houses like this one with a barn and threshing floor were typical of the old town. They belonged to citizens who worked in addition to their occupation in the agriculture of the city. The Ackerbürgerhaus with its outbuildings such as a barn, a residential building and Ubding dates from 1712. Currently, a complete conservation of the barn with barn, which informed the Leonhardt property.
The ruined fortress near Windenreute is open from 10am to 6pm. Guided tours by the members of the Association for the Conservation of the Fortress take place at 12 and 14 hours. The fortress of medieval ruins was founded in the 11th century as a castle and was documented for the first time in 1127. At the beginning of the 17th century, the enlargement of the fortress took place under the margraves of Baden and Hachberg. In 1689, the fief was occupied by the troops of the French "sun king" Louis XIV and destroyed a year later. Since 1971, the fortress of the association for the preservation of ruin e. V. cared for voluntarily and secure in their existence.