The Open Monument Day of 2019 will be titled "Modern: Umbrche in Art and Architecture". Knowledgeable citizens explain six historic sites in their historical development and current significance. The artistic and architectural upheavals are not the only ones to become obvious. The types of tours offered on September 8th are a change.
- New perspectives: Heinrich Graf is busy with the particular architecture and history of the Church of St. Klaus brother. He recommends visitors not only to explore the unique roof structure, but also to give them the opportunity to follow their own thoughts during their visit.
- Exciting parallels: Ingeborg Kottmann knows everything about the history of Ernst Mbs House. She recounts exciting parallels that she recently discovered in Weimar.
- Renovator well known: "We are opening a house that is still open," invites Pastor Andreas Gntter to guided tours of the Schwenninger Pauluskirche. Their story is closely related to the history of the architect Martin Elssser. He is considered a renovator of the construction of a Protestant church in southern Germany. St. Paul's Church also has another highlight: an exhibition on Protestant religious architecture will be inaugurated on September 8th. It shows the church and architecture and informs about the architect Elssser.
- Unusual design: One of the most important places of the open monument day is certainly this year's Golden Bhl School, where Folkhard Cremer reports, while the students take guided tours of that day. The school, created in the 1960s with its individual pavilions, represents a hitherto unknown project.
- Artistic skeleton: Pastor Odo Stober leads through the Evangelical Markuskirche. As part of a new housing scheme on the Goldenbühl, Goldenbühl architect, Fritz Eberhard, designed in 1961 a skeletal church in reinforced concrete with Kampanile, detached children's garden and parsonage. The artistic design comes from the sculptor Emil Jo Homolka from Knigsfeld.
- His legendary: The MPS recording studio, which was also created by a club in the 1960s, also turns out to be a very special monument. Friedhelm Schulz of the Frderverein offers guided tours of the legendary Rume on the day of the open monument and beyond that date and tells the story of the studio and the company Saba. Association of friends on the Internet: www.mps-villingen.de
There will be guided tours at the MPS-Studio in Richthofenstrae 1 to 11, 14 and 17 hours In the Bruder-Klaus-Kirche, an organ concert will be held from 14:30 and guided tours with Henry Greif to 13 and 16 hours. There will be another organ concert at 15:30 in the Markuskirche as well as guided tours with Peter Hastedt at 14:00 and 16:30. At the Goldenbühlschule, the conference "Stadtkrone auf dem Goldenbhl" takes place at 12.00 and at 13.00, another guided tour takes place. Guided tours of the residential building of architect Ernst Mbs in Schwenningen take place at 11 am and 2 pm. In the Pauluskirche, guided tours are available from 12.00 to 16.30 and an organ concert at 11.30.